Saturday, March 31, 2007

Walking in circles

I recently visited the beach Hammockand my team blogger also accompanied me.We had great fun and we actually enjoyed the sand more than the water.While we were talking,vcx told me that humans generally walk in circles when their eyes are blinded Blindfolded .I was really amazed by that piece of fact and i immediately wanted to try that.So,we found a place where there were comparatively less number of people...and i walked with my eyes blinded.Blimey!I did walk along a circle...and a perfect one too.You too can try it when you have large empty space around you because the circle you'll make will be quite a big one.The reason why we walk in circles when we are blinded is that all of us have one of our legs shorter than the other.YES!All of us!Though the difference in length might be small it is appreciable enough to make us move in circles...since one of our legs is shorter we tend to move in a specific direction depending on the leg which is shorter (left or right).I guess 'real' blind people will find it terribly difficult to walk without their third leg (walking stick).This is one cool thing which you can try for yourself.





No comments: